About this Course
This is a course to help you write effective business emails in English. This course is unique because each module will provide tips on writing more professional emails as well as lessons to improve your overall English writing skills. Therefore, you will improve your grammar and vocabulary skills for email writing and also improve your cross cultural knowledge to make you more powerful and successful in your business communication. You will look at different email formats to analyze tone, formality levels, and various organizational styles. You will be able to improve your emails of introduction, announcements, requests and emails that apologize or revise a request. In this course you will write and revise 4–5 emails, complete several comprehension quizzes and review the emails of other participants.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve your overall written English skills
- See differences and similarities among the different email formats
- Write more effective subject lines and email text
- Apply various key language to different types of emails
- Correct common errors such as punctuation and capitalization
- Study tone and level of formality in emails
- Understand how culture affects what is appropriate in a business emails
- Write powerful business emails for professional needs
|Shareable Certificate||Earn a Certificate upon completion|
|100% online||Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.|
|Flexible deadlines||Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.|
|Hours to complete||Approx. 14 hours to complete|
|Available languages||Subtitles: Arabic, French, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Vietnamese, Turkish, English, Slovak, Japanese, Persian|
|Career direction||41% started a new career after completing these courses|
|Career Benefit||38% got a tangible career benefit from this course|
|Career promotion||16% got a pay increase or promotion|
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Email Writing
This Course Offered by Georgia Institute of Technology
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation’s top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology.
Georgia Tech’s campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education.
Syllabus – What you will learn from this course
WEEK 1 Get to Know Basic Email Writing Structures
1) Understand basic professional email structures in English. 2) Identify key things to do and things to avoid. 3) Learn how to do basic editing of punctuation and capitalization.
WEEK 2 Let’s Start Writing
1) Write more effective subject lines. 2) Understand the organization of email text. 3) Write better email text.
WEEK 3 Introduction and Announcement Emails
1) Analyze and identify the traits of introductions and announcement emails. 2) Learn and use key language for these types of emails to revise your first email.
WEEK 4 Request and Apology Emails
1) Analyze and identify the traits of request and apology emails. 2) Learn specific language associated with making request and apologies. 3) Practice focused key language.
WEEK 5 Culture Matters
1) Review cultural effects on all your email writing. 2) Learn how to distinguish different ways people communicate and how to apply these differences to email writing.