Accounting for Non-Accountants
About this course
Accounting is considered one of the most important new sciences, covering the need of all types of corporations, companies, governments and individuals
With the goal of enabling learners of the financial statements generated, to understand and interpret, in order to better manage their funds. These users are: Investors, Management, Suppliers, Customers, governments, employees.
In this course we will be covering:
- IFRS Compliance in the world’s corporate and governments
- Role of IFRS in maintaining stability of capital markets
- IFRS application and the users of these financial statements:
- Creditors, Investors, Management and governments
- Income statement components
- Balance sheet statement components
- Book value and Equity
- Differences between profits and Cash
- Differences between book value and market value
- Business cycles within companies
- Difference between Capital and Working Capital
- Statement of Cash Flows Definition
- Interconnection between Cash Flows and other Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis techniques
What You Will Learn
- Explain terminologies used in the financial statements
- Reading financial statements published by corporate
- Understanding the interrelationship between statements components
- Financial Statements preparation
- Basic understanding of IFRS to aid in decision making
Introduction to International Financial Reporting Standards:
Profit & Loss-Part 1 – Profit & Loss-Part 1 – Balance Sheet Part 1 – Balance Sheet Part 2 – Accounting Policies and Notes to the FS – Disclosures.
Understanding Financial Statements:
Profits Definition – Assets-Current vs. Non-Current – Liabilities-Current vs Non-Current – Equity and Capital – Reserves.
Managing and Accounting for Corporate Resources:
Difference between book value and Market value – Difference between Cash and Profit – Cash Flow Cycle – Working Capital-Analysis.
Statement of Cash Flows:
Statement Of Cash Flows Component – Types of Preparation – Use of the Statement – Operating & Investing Activities – Financing Activities and Cash Movement – Financial Ratios and How to Interpret Them.
Edraak, is a massive open online course (MOOC) platform, that is an initiative of the Queen Rania Foundation (QRF). QRF is determined to ensure that the Arab world is at the forefront of educational innovation. As such, QRF has capitalized on regional Arab talent to leverage technology developed by the Harvard-MIT consortium, edX, to create the first non-profit Arabic MOOC platform. The new MOOC platform will present the Arab world with unique and vital opportunities that can be part of a necessary revolution in education and learning.
First, the platform will broadcast the best Arab professors to the region, offering original Arabic courses – developed by QRF – to further enrich Arab education. Through its partnership with edX, the platform will also give Arab learners access in Arabic to courses taught and developed at top tier institutions like HarvardX, MITX, and UC BerkelyX. All courses are delivered at no cost to the learner.
Second, QRF envisions the use of the platform to showcase Arab role models by broadcasting short online courses by practitioners and professionals from a variety of fields spanning the arts and sciences.
Finally, QRF believes that the platform will enable the Arab world to take advantage of the international interest in regional affairs to tell its own story to the world. Arab university professors and regional experts can use the platform to give courses in English about the region and its history. This will serve to inform a global audience that is interested in the region’s development.
Emad is an IFRS expert and corporate trainer with over 18 years of professional experience (industry and training). He has trained hundreds of professionals during the course of his career including programmes on IFRSs (for banks, insurance and telecommunication companies), financial reporting, budgeting and financial analysis, serving a wide spectrum of both public and private sector entities in the Middle East. Emad has a strong work ethic and a passion for empowering the workforce through education and training. He holds a US CPA license and other professional certifications.